Educating yourself on how to best care for your bunny as well as understanding their behavior can make life happier, safer, healthier and more enjoyable for both of you. Most bunny parents find that it is an ongoing education. There is a lot of valuable information to be found on the Internet. A couple of excellent sites to explore and bookmark for future reference are the House Rabbit Society’s site and also The Bunny Guy. Additionally, there are some very informative books available that are great for those new to bunnies and even those ‘bunny veterans’ who have lived with them awhile. Education and preparation are crucial.
- The Bunny Lover’s Complete Guide to House Rabbits by The Bunny Guy
- House Rabbit Handbook by Marinell Harriman
- Rabbit Health in the 21st Century by Kathryn R. Smith
- When Your Rabbit Needs Special Care by Lucile C. Moore and Kathy Smith
- Why Does My Rabbit…? by Anne McBride
- Rabbits for Dummies by Audra Pavia
- A House Rabbit Primer: Understanding and Caring for Your Companion Rabbitby Lucile C. Moore
Online Fun Sites
- DailyBunny Photos
- Baroness Paintings – Have a custom portrait painted of your bunnies!
- The Blissful Bunny – Wonderful, handmade wooden toys, castles, hay boxes and more for your bunnies. Some of the profits go to help rabbit rescues around the country.
- Little Paws Pet Boutique – Toys and accessories for rabbits, cats and dogs.
- The Bunny Guy
- Disabled Rabbits
- Homeo Animal – A series of articles about the many benefits of adopting an animal, and what should be considered before and during the adoption process. HRS was interviewed for the article. There is also information regarding homeopathic remedies.
- San Diego House Rabbit Society